This workshop is the full Certified Seed Collector (CSC) course which includes both classroom and field components. Virtual and in person training provides attendees with the theory which supports the hands-on field portion on seed forecasting and collection. Here is what you will learn from the course:
- What it takes to be a seed collector
- Ontario’s natural forest types and ecological niche of native species
- Flower and seed biology, reproductive cycles and environmental effects
- Genetic diversity and adaptive variation within species
- Physiological seed quality (through cut tests, maturity indicators, insects and disease)
- Seed forecasting and collection methods
- and much more!
Workshops are typically held at certain times of year to be sure that participants gain the most from interactive learning. If you are interested in becoming a Certified Seed Collector, please apply below to be added to our waitlist.