A genetically diverse, resilient forested landscape in Southern Ontario that supports healthy ecosystems, healthy people and a healthy economy.
To ensure that genetic diversity is recognized and protected as the foundation of a resilient forested landscape.
To assist forest practitioners to conserve the genetic diversity of southern Ontario forests, by implementing 4 strategies:
- Species Conservation
- Implementing recovery programs for at risk woody plant species
- Seed Management Expertise
- Ensuring the supply and use of high-quality, locally adapted woody plant seed
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Providing strategic forest management advice and facilitating assisted migration
- Education and Advocacy
- Increasing awareness and expertise in forest genetic management principles and practices
Download our Strategic Direction; 4-page PDF.